Strategic Research Award - Category I and Category II
The American Sleep Medicine Foundation (ASMF) is pleased to announce the Strategic Research Award (SRA) - Category I and Category II for 2016.
This is a focused RFA specifically soliciting applications to study the value of board-certified sleep medicine physicians (BCSMPs) in providing care to patients with sleep disorders.
The SRA Category I is for those applicants seeking funding for projects up to $250,000.
The SRA Category II is for those seeking funding for projects up to $100,000.
- The applicant must be a member of the AASM in good standing.
- The applicant must possess a masters level degree or higher.
- The applicant must have access to the necessary resources (including the proposed patient population), facilities and other resources needed to perform the proposed work.
- Projects must be performed by United States based investigators and institutions. No projects outside the United States will be funded.
- Individuals (PIs) may not simultaneously hold more than one ASMF SRA or Focused Project Award.
- Individuals may apply for multiple awards in a calendar year, but may accept only one. In the case that an individual is offered more than one ASMF funded award, they may accept only one.
Award Review and Criteria Process
A Letter of Intent (LOI) is required. The LOI will be used to evaluate the responsiveness of the proposed research to the RFA and is due by 11:59 pm Central time on September 12, 2016. Individuals will be invited to submit a full application which will be due by 11:59 pm on December 20, 2016.
An award review committee appointed by the ASMF Executive Board will evaluate and score all submitted proposals. Factors that will be taken into consideration include the applicant’s experience, availability of resources necessary to complete the study, feasibility and scientific merit of the research plan, environment, responsiveness to the current RFA, appropriateness of the proposed research to the ASMF mission, and the anticipated relationship between the funds provided and expected outcomes. The ASMF Board of Directors will make the final determination regarding funding of awards.